Friday, February 4, 2011

Themes, Colors, Patterns, Oh My!

So Brian and I have been thinking about color schemes and patterns and we've learned that a lot of weddings are planned by creating an inspiration board. An inspiration board is pretty much a collection of ideas put together in order to help guide you through the planning process.

Brian and I have set up a flickr account and we pretty much upload pictures of things that we love and would want to be incoporated into our wedding. So far, the album is looking a bit like a smorgasbord because we tend to have severely different tastes but I'm hoping that closer to the wedding we'll be able to compromise and negotiate out a nice cohesive inspiration board.

I've gone through a few premade inspiration boards and found some that I absolutely love from stylemepretty.com. Here's two that I particularly am fond of:



Board #1: Sexy, pink, and glittery.



INSPIRATION CHALLENGE #9 - Chic Glamour
Board #2: Royal and classy with a French twist.


So me, don't you think? I'm very much into the French boudoir theme with the pink, black and white. I'm just having trouble selling the idea to Brian. He doesn't think feather boas/lingerie are very classy.... He's such a stick in the mud.

Anyways, I'll be updating periodically with new ideas and themes that we come across so stay tuned! :)



*****EDIT******

For the sake of not being a total authoritarian of this wedding blog, I forced Brian into putting together his own personal inspiration board. He enjoyed this little late night project and I think the board does a good job accentuating Brian's style and taste:

Notice the painstaking detail to food.

Well done, Darling, well done.



No comments:

Post a Comment