Sunday, July 17, 2011

TWO DAYS!

Two days til I'm reunited with the yonce.

One day til my dreaded pediatric care final.

15 hours before my developmental assignment is due.

Life is such an obstacle course.


In GREAT news, Brian was able to get almost NINE days off! We've been talking about what we want to do and have talked about a few things. I think we're pretty sure we want to take a roadtrip across Washington and Oregon. I've never been camping before and there are some amazing little spots sprinkled along the coastline. I think it's cheap, and fun as well.

When I think of outdoor camping, I think campfire, tents, no showers, and singing kum-ba-yah. I think bugs and snakes and bears, oh my. When I mentioned this to Brian, he explained that campsites were designated and equipped with showers, bugs were scarce on the west coast, and if you saw a bear, you should play dead because you can't outrun them. Somewhat comforting.

Still, I'm super excited to embrace some outdoorsy time. Honestly, it was a toss up between this and going to Vegas for a few days (Vacation packages to Vegas are SO STINKIN' CHEAP!). But obviously we opted for the less sleazy, however fantastic, of the two. (Vegas I will see you soon.)

One of the places that Brian has mapped out is Cannon Beach, Oregon.



I am going to LOVE camping along here! Horseback riding on the beach would be a plus!

I think Brian mentioned that we should drive a little ways into Cali, depending on how we feel and check out these awesome redwoods!




And obviously we'll have some city time built in for Seattle and Portland. I'll be a road-trippin' guru before you know it!

Any other suggestions for stops along the way?

No comments:

Post a Comment