Monday, February 14, 2011

Bridesmaid Dresses

So I am 80% sure that I want my bridesmaids to wear black.

Two simple reasons:
1) It looks clean and modern
2) The likelihood of the ladies being able to actually rewear their dresses will be higher (I really don't want them to buy a dress that they can only wear once).

I will probably just designate an official fabric so there's some uniformity but as for shape and style, I'll leave that up to the girls. I know it's pretty common nowadays to just have the maids pick a cut/sillhouette that is most flattering to their own body shape and as a full-figured, apple-bottomed girl, I can respect that.

It's difficult to really pick out dresses when the venue and themes haven't been picked but I've come across a few that have caught my eye:

Ali Ro

Christian Siriano


Prabal Gurung

Rachel Roy
Alice + Olivia

Catherine Malandrino

Two Birds Convertible Dress
Wow. I just posted a lot of diversity. I know that the key to good bridesmaid dresses is to keep it simple but I really want my girls to look glam! Maybe this is just a list of cocktail dresses that I subconsciously want for myself... I guess it's really up to them to decide. I could be a total b* and make them wear something horrible like..... leopard print leotards. They better throw me a helluva bachelorette party! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment