Thursday, February 24, 2011

Appreciating Life.

Dude.

I am totally beat.

Tonight Katie, Anneliese and I went to our usual weekly workout session at the Y but at the last second, we did some serious DOUBLE TIME. We did our scheduled hour long class of Bodypump which was SORE. TASTIC. By the end of the workout, I was only lifting the single pound bar and even then my limbs were shaking from pathetic, puny exhaustion. While I was basking in the happiness of knowing that the workout was over, Katie suddenly asked if we wanted to do another class. Another class. Like as in, another hour of self-induced torture? Yes. That is exactly what she meant. With a smile plastered on my face I stated with my best eager-beaver expression, "SURE KATIE! WHAT A SPLENDID IDEA! I SHOULD HAVE THOUGHT OF THAT MYSELF! LET'S MOSEY ON OVER NOW! I CAN'T WAIT TO BE IN AGONY AGAIN! PLEASE. ALLOW ME TO LEAD THE WAY." So that's exactly what we did. We attended the Bodystep class that started right after our class ended.

Bodystep was painful last week when it was all I did. Bodystep after an hour of strenuous weight-lifting? Indescribable. It makes me hurt just recalling the memory of it all. What was going through my mind during the actual experience?

Here's just a snippet:

"This must be what the Spanish Inquisition was like."

"The people who invented the Chinese Water Torture are jealous that they didn't think of this before."

"I think I'd rather pee out a bowling ball than have to go through this experience."

"I can't taste anything. Oh wait, I think that's pain I'm tasting. Wow, I can taste pain."

"Guantanamo Bay sounds great right about now."

"Are my legs still attached to my body? Oh god. I can't feel my legs. I think my legs fell off."



Anyways, you get the idea. I'm not going to lie, during Bodystep my only goal was to keep moving. Forget the actual moves that I was supposed to be doing. Right now, all I'm trying to accomplish is to look somewhat alive and less like a flopping corpse. As crazy as the experience was, I'm glad I did it. It was great to see that I can actually survive something like that and be able to confirm that I don't ever want to feel that level of pain again.

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank my body for not dying. Thank you Body. You're more swell than I thought. I'll never take you for granted ever again. Amen.

2 comments:

  1. I finally regained the ability to walk today (3 days after this awesome idea of mine...) I don't know if we're going to be able to do it again this week since the first round of exams is coming up :-/.

    I haven't lost any weight either. And I can't tell if my pants are loose b/c I'm toning up or b/c they're too old and stretched out. Probably the latter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie! Anneliese and I are having a tennis round on Friday afternoon. You're more than welcome to join in! :)

    ReplyDelete