Thursday, February 17, 2011

Baby Bop Legs, Saddlebags, and the Chub Flub Club

Someone once told me that I had Baby Bop legs. Yes, Baby Bop. The character from Barney and friends. Here's a little reminder:
Baby Bop. And her legs.
I don't entirely disagree. She captures my short stumps quite well, saddlebags and all. But if I am entirely honest with myself, personally, I think I'm more of a Barney's legs type of gal. See for yourself:

Barney- paving the way for stumpy legs everywhere.
So yes. I have no problem admitting to the world that I don't have the best set of gams and I've come to accept that a long time ago. However, I am not a raging fan of my saddle bags. For those who are blessed with great stems and are clueless as to what "saddle bags" refer to, here's a couple illustrations:
A mild case of saddle baggage.

A more extreme case of saddle baggage.
So yes. I am trying to decrease my saddle baggage ratio. Another joy of being a thick curvy gal is the chub flub curse. That's right -- the chub flub. And I have this one bad. It's the fatty inner part of your thighs that chafe and rub against each other causing the most painful friction ever! I get this when I'm running in shorts or wearing a skirt that's too tight. Thus, running in shorts is not a possibility for me. The hoe skirt I still rock. In agony. Sigh. Yes, life with chub flub is so hard. But I'm strong. I can beat this. I'm a chub flub blastin' machine!

Tonight I chub flub blasted by accompanying Katie to Bodystep and almost passing out. I was huffin' and puffin' my ass off. Around 45 minutes, I was starting to feel a bit woozy and I could see the stars appearing in my peripheral vision. Embarrassing!

Must. Not. Pass. Out! Especially with the 89 year old grandma happily steppin' away in front of me!

Well luckily, I didn't and I managed to finish the rest of the session with my eyes closed half the time. But honestly, it was great because I can already tell that I'm going to be sore in the morning! Katie suggested that we do the weight lifting class next week -- Totally lookin' forward to getting my pump on!

Weigh in #2 on Sunday. Eeek!

Kleinfelds or bust!

2 comments:

  1. are you talking about bodypump?? i swear by it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! We are doing a Bodypump session this Thursday at the Western Y! You wanna come with?

    ReplyDelete