Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Romantic Horror Movie Night

Yesterday was a glorious day of pure laziness.

Instead of planning venue visits, dress try-ons, and other wedding stuff, I spent the day in bed reading and finishing Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen which was a very enjoyable read. The movie comes out in a few weeks but I don't normally like to watch movies on books that I've read. I rarely find that the characters cast for the protagonists/antagonists, etc., align with my own original envisioning and it's always awkward for to see the story unfold any different than the way it played out in my mind, especially if it's a book that I'm particularly fond of. But who knows. I've never seen Robert Pattinson in anything so maybe it will be a good first impression to see him playing a non-vampiric role. Any other suggestions for good reads? I won't have much time when I get back home for leisure reads but I do still have my seven hour return flight to eke one out!

For dinner, Brian made me a fantastic Asian salad with chow mein noodles and almonds drizzled with an orgasmic sesame ginger dressing. YUM. I did manage to steal a few of his cheese tortellinis when he wasn't looking. After dinner, we donned our raincoats and decided to go for a long walk along 16th street and main. Brian got two slices of pizza for dessert and I indulged in a few gummy wine caps.

After our 4 mile walk, Brian and I decided to have a romantic movie night with this gem that I picked out:

Super lovey dovey.
I figured that it was finally time to expose Brian to Korean cinema since Korea's film industry is slowly starting to make its mark. Additionally, I thought it would serve as a bit of a cultural tool and reveal a bit more about my peoples and my roots.

The movie was aight. The actress who played the mother was surprisingly good but the overall plot was nothing impressive and semi-predictable. Brian, as expected, fell asleep towards the end which was fine except for the fact that I was still wide awake when the film was done and ended up watching movie bloopers/outtakes on Youtube for the next hour. So romantical.

So today I'm hoping to actually leave the house on my own. The nearest bridal boutique is approximately a mile and a half away so I plan to kill two birds with one stone and get to walkin'. Brian is at work until 2pm and then has the rest of the week off so I should really start booking venue visits.

As for the rest of the week, we're hoping to snag some last minute tickets to either the Thursday or Saturday Canucks game. I was willing to buy them at $200/each legitimately but of course Brian would not stand for it. So here's to hoping that Brian is scalper savvy and is able to pull off some tix!

Vancouver weekly forecast? Rain. And tons of it. On second thought, maybe I'll just take a taxi today. Who wants to walk 1.5 miles in cold wet sneakers? :)

2 comments:

  1. I recommend reading Columbine by Dave Cullen. It was a little depressing but offered a lot of insight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the suggestion! I don't mind the added depression: it's going to be a depressing ride home back to DE anyways... :(

    ReplyDelete