Monday, March 28, 2011

Couvertown Thus Far


Yesterday Brian and I conquered the Seawall.

Proof:
Nice cloudy day for a 10k walk.

Kinda creepy if you ask me.

Wall walkin'.

Moi and the cool rock. 

So after our 2 hour walk we decided that the only thing that would make our walk even better is to follow it up with CUPCAKES. GENIUS, I KNOW.

Winning!

Obvi.

For the record, I only finished half of mine. Brian did the remaining honors. 

Happy seawallers.

 The next day, Brian and I woke up early to attend the Vancouver Wedding Show at the Convention center and I entered into 78 contests. Those entry forms took FOREVER to fill out. Seriously. I better win SOMETHING. Seriously. The expo ended with a bridal fashion show with many lovely dresses.

Wedding Show Bliss.
Lovely.

Back view
 After the show, Brian and I were craving our favorite -- Legendary Noodle!!! So we had to hit that jaunt up.... But we couldn't eat legendary noodles without a legendary mini photo shoot, naturally.

Feel the wrath of my zebra printed fingers!

Nonchalant.

Vogue.

Green onion pancakes! Oh my!

Legendary House Tea.

Happy ninja.

Uh. Mayzing.
After lunch, we decided to go check out some potential wedding venues. We scoped out the Seasons in the Park restaurant in Queen Elizabeth Park, Van Dusen Gardens and the Shaughnessy Restaurant, and The Cecil Green House in UBC. Out of the three I saw today, I would definitely say that the Cecil Green is the top choice. I'm hoping to go see a few more places tomorrow while Brian is at work. Here are few pics of Seasons in the Park which had a spectacular view but the layout of the dining room itself was not ideal.

The restaurant.

The amazing view.
 After venue visiting, we went to meet up with a few old friends for dinner and a round of bubble tea. Meet Yenah.

Too cute for her own good.

Yenah and fam.

Yurm.

Yes. I got an upgrade on my engagement ring.

What a porker! Sike. :)
So far, I'm having a blast with my lovah. Tomorrow, I'll be doing some school work (Ew) and then going for dress try-ons! :)   Stay tuned for more Vancouverite updates!

2 comments:

  1. Did you really enter 78 contests? You know those things are just a scam to get your info so they can send you worthless junkmail. It made me laugh when I read that though because I can picture you frantically filling out the forms and yelling at Brian to help you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally did! We find out whether we won anything tomorrow! Keeping my fingers crossed! There were 80 total but I let the last two go I have a separate email dedicated to wedding junk now! I get like a 100 a day. And yes, I was quite the yeller at the show but it paid off! 78 contests entered... in under an hour! :)

    ReplyDelete