Wednesday, March 30, 2011

A Bit of Compulsiveness Never Hurt Anyone...

I'd been in Vancouver for three days and I couldn't shake this persistent itch to do something drastic.

Nothing too crazy. Just maybe something new. Like a piercing or a tattoo or buying the $4000 Lazaro dress I tried on yesterday.

So I opted for a haircut.

Two pounds of hair. Gone.

Vanity Kisses
I wanted to chop it ALL off but Brian threatened to call off the wedding until my hair grew back. So it's nothing too wild. Slightly mullety but the itch has subsided for now. I look like an Asian soccer mom. But the new 'do is refreshing and I have decided to postpone any piercings until I get back to the States.

As I mentioned earlier, I did try on wedding dresses yesterday at two boutiques in Vancouver. One called Bello Bridal World and the other place called Bisou Bridal. Love love LOVE this Lazaro they had at Bisou.

$4000 of tulle
Today we've scheduled a viewing at the Cecil Green House and then we're hoping to do this trail. I'd like to proudly say that I did end up walking to the bridal boutiques and racked up a whopping 2.5 mile walk. Not too shabby for a couch tater like myself.

Oh yes and we went to see Red Riding Hood in Metrotown last night. Fairly entertaining. Amanda Seyfried looked lovely as ever in red. Of course Brian passed out an hour into the movie. Fiction does nothing for this man. I should have just told him that the movie was a documentary based on an actual account of horrible wolf attacks on a poor village in Scandinavia. He probably would have stayed awake a half an hour longer.

Pics to come!

4 comments:

  1. Great haircut! Looks awesome!
    Hey, have you looked online for dresses? My friend found her dress in a boutique, tried it on, got sized etc, then ordered it online for a fraction of the cost. Might be a good way to get that ballin dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the compliment Heather! And yes, I've definitely been looking online! I've even resorted to looking at Preownedweddingdresses.com. It's just so much cheaper! Just have to deal with alterations and finding the dress in your size!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the haircut! Your hair was getting too long anyway, Gina. I have no idea what an Asian soccer mom even looks like so I have no idea what you're talkins abouts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're right Estar. There's no such thing as an Asian soccer mom. It's more Asian-mom-who-runs-dry-cleaners-with-husband-and-has-her-kid-workin-the-cash-register-to-save-on-labor-costs kind of hair do. :)

    ReplyDelete