Thursday, March 10, 2011

Facial Tea Tins and Other Gift Ideas

So my mother got this as a gift today:

Prince William and his beloved. On a tea tin.
Top view.
The tea inside.
The whole package.
This got me thinking: Is it tacky to have your face plastered on your wedding guest gifts? I mean, it's a nice tin. The picture of them is a tad awkward because William has this half jilted smile on his face but Kate's partially occluded visage is pretty. I guess I'm going to be reminded of the Prince's undying love for Kate everytime I go to open a pack of English tea so it serves its purpose in that regard. It's difficult for me to think that anyone really wants something with Brian and my face all over it, no matter how good looking we are. Unless it's a bobble head doll. Everyone loves bobble head dolls!

As Charlie Sheen would say, "WINNING!"
In all honesty, I do hope that Brian and I are able to pick out guest gifts that our friends and families will actually like and use. Any ideas?

Exercise/Diet Bonus Update:
Anneliese and I went to the UD gym tonight and did this class called "Core Conditioning" that was pretty sweatastic. It wasn't anything too hardcore but I think I will be satisfied with the level of soreness tomorrow morning. My mother volunteered to pay for me to enroll in a diet program of some sort. I am contemplating signing up for my school's fitness classes and going to 2-3 classes a week with Anneliese (It's only $14 for seven classes!). I like going to these classes because it adds variety to my elliptical workouts as well as making sure that I actually go to these things since I have a partner holding me accountable. Peer pressure is such an effective force for a socialite like myself! :)

And you're right. I haven't been holding my weekly weigh ins. I figured they would just demotivate me since I've been such a sloth lately. But I gotta do what I gotta do to stay motivated, right? Even if it puts me in denial. A little denial never hurt anyone, especially a little fatty like myself.

6 comments:

  1. M&M's with your faces on them?

    Keep in mind it's the little extras that start adding up your bill. We didn't have guest gifts and our wedding is still considered one of the best ones people have ever been to (or so they tell me, and I modestly agree;). It's the $500 here, $1000 there that don't seem like much at the time, but it's so easy to get carried away. I don't know how many packs of gross mints or those disgusting candied almonds..or even CD's with the couple's songs on it that have lingered in my fancy purses for two years or more.

    My favorite gift is getting an official thank you card made up of some of the official wedding photos - that always makes it to the fridge and is something I can look at every day and remember the happy occasion. I have quite the collection now!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, the best wedding guest gifts we got were little samples of the groom's favorite coffee and the bride's favorite tea...in tiny tins. It was super cute and lovely.

    I would cherish a tin with your face on it filled with your favorite tea! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll make your favors =D

    http://www.bakerella.com/wedding-cake-pops/
    or
    http://www.etsy.com/storque/how-to/confectionery-wedding-favors-with-cake-pops-10640/
    or
    http://www.kissmycookies.com/images/bride_groom_heart1.jpg

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. small candy/mints in small containers (maybe boxes, pouches or tins), soap, or candles....tea is pretty interesting ^^...cookies, picture frames, mugs, magnets (that sounds pretty cheesey xT), keychains, coasters, lollipops...get wedding party favors IF you have the money leftover from all the big stuff!...banzai haha!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the feedback, ladies! I will keep them in mind when the time comes!

    Lena, I will definitely hit you up regarding the baked goodies!

    I'm planning to get all DIY with the gifts so hopefully they will be both cheaper and cute at the same time! :)

    ReplyDelete