Thursday, June 2, 2011

Getting closer to bridging the gap!

Last night was fun.

Two hours of tennis followed by a midnight pool sesh with chicken pasta salad involved. YUM.

Observe.

Nothing like a cool dip after tennis in 90+ weather.

Uche vs. Kota

Brent vs. Kota

Not my best look... (and what's with my claw hand?)

But still kissable.

Chicken pasta saladdddddd... Courtesy of Rob.

The chef and his mate.
Summer break is AWESOME.

So yes, back to the original topic of this post, I have decided to go out to Vancouver for 6 weeks starting mid July and dedicate myself to hardcore wedding planning (mainly booking a freakin' venue). In addition I have been looking for and applying to volunteer opportunities within the Vancouver region. I've applied to a summer job or two but am really hoping to get my foot in with a hospital/health care  setting so I can make some Vancouverite connections, ya dig? I'm tryna' get my networking on! I just got a few replies yesterday requesting application form fill-outs and additional info so at least I know that someone out there cares. I mean, I'm offering 6 full workweeks of free labor here people! How could you not want me?

I guess my American citizenship doesn't realllyyy help with the selection process. I'm pretty much gonna push my Asian card and stress my bilingual abilities (That's somewhat unique and possibly needed, I hope) in addition to my philanthropic heart. Keep your fingers crossed, people!

Along with my job/volunteer searching, Brian and I have started looking at potential properties again. This number has definitely caught my chinky little eye....

Le Dining Room

Living Room

Kitchen

Another view of the kitch


Study

Bedroom loft

Sick bathroom. Sick.
It's a spacious loft located in east Van, although it's almost in borderline shadytown from what I can see from the map. Hopefully it'll still be on the market when I'm out there in July because I'm totally gonna hit this place up. Isn't it a beaut? I think Brian is still set on getting a detached house but we'll see.... He's more open to character homes than I am but I'm going to remain open-minded and take his shacks, er.... I mean houses, under consideration. :)

Hopefully we'll be moving into a home of our own, around this time next year! :D

3 comments:

  1. I am also a fan of the lofts and I love all the space and windows in there! Ah, so good luck with everything on your trip, but I guess that means you won't be around for my 21st birthday?! You've only been waiting for it for 5 years! Still, I hope you guys get a lot done while there. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're not a chink, you're a gook. I'm a chink. Get the asian derogatory terms right if you're going to use them =P

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Estar: Have your 21st birthday party in Vancouver, DUH! :)

    @Lena: I'm a chinky gook!

    ReplyDelete