Saturday, June 18, 2011

Holy Smokes Batman!

I ran a mile today!

Granted it was an intervaled mile but a mile ran nonetheless!

Annie had the brilliant idea of running half and walking half so we did this twice and finished out the day with a total of 2.5 miles in the bag: walk 0.5, run 0.5, walk 0.5, run 0.5, walk 0.5.

I can't believe it! I set my goal on half a mile and even that was painful... I really didn't think I was gonna run that second half mile but there's something about running in a group of 5 and having 4 people in front of you start running.... You just have to move your ass as well. Instinctually, you don't wanna be left behind. Ah yes, nothing like a bit of peer pressure to get your ass into gear. Works like a charm.

Anyways, I felt great when it was over and I think I could do it again! Maybe even by myself next time! I just need some good tunes to load onto my iPod and perhaps I could do the whole first mile without stopping next time.... We shall see.

Thank you friends for supporting my weight loss endeavor. You guys are the greatest motivators ever!! :) Now if I could just get my ass to start studying for my Peds exam on Monday, I'd be set!

Mud Run here I come!

1 comment:

  1. If you have an iPhone, download Run Keeper app. It's amazing. Way to go, you!!!

    ReplyDelete