Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Snoopin' Sherman wants a battle? She'll get a WAR!!!!

So the wine glass is still sitting on our kitchen counter. Brian and I have been discussing the many ways that we could return the glass to our snoopin' landlord but we've finally determined that we would return the wine glass to her cleaning lady while she is away on her trip to Oklahoma City for a yacht race (She leaves tomorrow -- woo hoo!).

But there was more drama that took place yesterday.

While I was out at lunch with my girlfriends An and Andreanne, Brian came home to give Snoop dogg the rent. According to a primary resource, Snoop doggydog had the AUDACITY to comment on how I was a total lazy bum all day yesterday! Seriously lady???? I'm not denying that I had a late start (I didn't end up leaving the house 'til 2pm) but who cares? And how the hell does she know what I'm doing downstairs? I could be writing a masterpiece thesis on the cure for ovarian cancer for all she knows! I could understand how she might have made it her business to check on the status and condition of the basement suite since she has a vested interest in the property but what I DO IN MY FREE TIME IS REALLY NONE OF HER BUSINESS. Now I have to worry about looking productive on top of being impeccably clean? No way, jose. The only thing that's keeping me from going upstairs and shoving the wine glass in Snoopy's face is the fact that she ships out tomorrow and won't be back for a week. I'm sure I'll be more calm by the time she gets back but GAWD is it ever annoying to know that this lady is all up in my bizzzz.

Ah. Woooooooooosahhhh.

Anyways. Back to other more pertinent things in my life. I skipped the gym yesterday to meet up with some friends as mentioned but I did manage to squeeze in a 2 mile walk which is better than nothing. The night before, Brian and I had racked a whopping 7 mile walk that left my legs feeling a bit jello-y towards the end but I was glad to be moving more after a week's worth of driving down the coast. This morning I got up and attended the 10:30 Zumba class at Steve Nash Fitness World and did 45 minutes of light weight lifting afterwards. As usual the 1 mile trek back home was the most grueling. It just is so painful after an intense workout, plus I don't think I had managed to stretch effectively because my thighs and calves started to seriously tense up with shooting pain halfway up the hill. But I gimped it back home and now I'm considering having some cereal for lunch.

This past weekend was chock full of last minute events. On Saturday night, we were invited out to a Brazilian house party with Sean. From how people described it to me, I imagined a house full of native Brazilians with Brazilian food and music blasting from every corner. I was only slightly disappointed to find that the party was just a typical 200 person slosh fest with a live DJ that played mainstream jams. But it was still fun. Brian ended up running into a high school friend who is actually best friends with his brother-in-law's brother. Small world, eh? The party was almost shut down by a policeman who had arrived because a neighbor had called complaining about the noise. But the popo man was surprisingly nice. My only interactions with police officers has been horrible. I don't know if it's an American cop thing or not but god, they are frikkin' dicks down in the states. This officer was so polite and understanding and joked with the host of the party. I'm seriously starting to like Canada more and more. Anyways, we ended up partying til 3 am, went for after party pizza and finally came home and crashed around 4 am. The next morning we scrambled to get ourselves to An's Scarpie brunch (Brian's friends from his master's program at UBC) which was dee. Licious. We had waffles, fruits galore, spanakopitas, spring rolls, homemade ice cream, and fresh bread. I had three platefuls. The rest of the day was spent soaking up some of the radiant sun down at David Lam Park in Vancouver and getting a Korean dinner at the West End. Perfect perfect day.

Here's a pic of the fabulous weather we've been having and the Korean dinner gang:

Luvlay.

Good lookin' group!
Tomorrow I'll be viewing the Georgia Rosewood Hotel's ballroom and I'm expecting good things! Updates and pics to follow!



6 comments:

  1. has lots of people ever told you you should write a book?...because your writing is so FUNNY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Julie! I'm glad you enjoy it! It's kinda weird for me to go back and read my blog posts because I always find something wrong with the way I worded things or grammatical errors and such... I don't know if I'd ever be disciplined enough to write a book since I happen to be a rambler writer... But it makes me feel good to know people appreciate my rambles! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who did you run into at the party? I am assuming you mean one of Geoff's friends? Blair?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep! Geoff's friend Blair was the one! He was super nice and has quite the life story!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Small world hey? Did he tell you about his pet crow? lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL. A pet crow??? I'm not surprised....

    ReplyDelete