Sunday, August 14, 2011

Rosewood Hotel Georgia!!!!

Don't have a lot of pics since the ballroom was set up for a surprise anniversary event but this hotel is quite possibly one of the nicest in Vancouver.

In front of the hotel. Right across from the Vancouver Art Gallery
Lobby

Awesome Elevators

Pretty ballroom!

Pretty table arrangements.
Renter be warned, this ballroom for between 100 - 150 people has an 18K minimum spending limit that's without taxes and gratuities included. It's a five star hotel, the location is prime and by golly is it ever luxurious! Brian liked it but did not love it for the price which is understandable because it costs a pretty penny so it's back on the maybe list. Yes, so predictable.

However, the man can cook some mean french toast!

Serious french toast and double pan fried red skinned taters.
Oh my goodness frikkin' gracious! Hands down, this was the best french toast breakfast I have ever had in my life! Brian can be so sexy in the kitchen! Secret ingredients? Egg batter had milk, butter, brown sugar, ground sesame powder, and crushed peanuts! The brown sugar caramelized on the outside of the toast and holy father in heaven was it ever DIVINE!

Anyways, more updates soon, Brian insists we seize the beautiful day! :D

5 comments:

  1. Brian's on brunch duty next weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!!

    I know it's been a really long time since you posted this and you probably don't even check the site anymore but I just wanted to ask if you remember what the 18K min spending limit included? My fiance and I just got engaged last month and our dream wedding to be at the Rosewood but since we're very new to the whole venue booking thing, we're not exactly sure what to expect!!

    Hope you get this eventually (don't worry, my wedding's not until 2015 so you have some time to reply hahaha), I'd really like to chat about your experience :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Patricia!

      I know! My blogging has been such a disgrace lately, I'm ashamed! I still do, however, get comment notifications so I'm able to reply!

      First and foremost, CONGRATS ON YOUR ENGAGEMENT! It's such an exciting time, isn't it? :) I've been engaged for almost a year and a half now and I still love it! (Granted, it's starting to get a bit more hectic as we get closer to the wedding date)

      The 18K spending is the minimum you have to spend on food and drinks. No taxes, no tips, just food and drinks. If for some reason, you don't reach your minimum on the night of your wedding, I think they just charge you the difference. It was definitely one of my favorite venues since it had the old Hollywood glamour feel to it, and the location is central to everything. We actually ended up going with the Vancouver Art Gallery across the street but only because we wanted some sort of view of the city.

      I hope that answers some of your questions. I definitely recommend checking out the place yourselves and contacting the event coordinators there. The staff was very accommodating and kind to us. It was a fairly new venue when we visited so things may have changed since last summer.

      I wish you nothing but the best Patricia and let me know if you have any other questions! :)

      - Gina

      Delete
  3. Thanks for replying Gina!

    So the 18k doesn't even include the rental of the place? Sorry if my questions are stupid, I really haven't even started figuring out how the whole venue rental thing works haha.. My fiance & I have just really fallen in love with the Rosewood lately (I think cuz it reminds him of Mad Men which he's really into right now hahaha)

    Good choice with the Art Gallery! Another great venue our city has to offer!

    I'd like to keep in touch, it's really fun seeing how your journey progresses :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is no rental fee -- just a spending minimum. That's usually how it works at most hotel venues and restaurant venues. And don't think that these questions are stupid! Trust me, I had a huge learning curve to overcome when I began looking at wedding sites!!! :)

      Let me know what you guys decide! Keep in touch Patricia! :)

      Delete