Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Last weekend in Van City... :(

What a bittersweet weekend.

It was a good one though. Jam-packed with lots of fun.

I'd like to sit here and type out a detailed account of the weekend but I just flew home a few hours ago, caught up with my fam, and now am having a few moments to myself to update my blog. And I am POOPED.

So you'll have to forgive me for my lack of eloquence this time around.

Pictures speak so much louder than words anyhow. :)


THURSDAY NIGHT:
Request for a Korean style lettuce wrap dinner -- Success!!!

Brian likes everything. Except the kimchi.

My attempt to contribute. M&M Brownies!!!
Partial success. The M&Ms got burnt but the rest of it was DEEEEElicious!



FRIDAY NIGHT:

BBQ at Paulette and Craig's! Shannon and Doug joined us for a nice evening of food and fellowship!

Paulette shares one of her secret recipes. Not so secret anymore! :)



SATURDAY:

We visit Granville Island to see some Wooden yachts! It was kinda boring...

Then onto girls' night out with Melissa!

We obviously needed a photoshoot.

Natural pose.

Dinner at Earl's! Yummmyyy pastaaaaa.

At Caprice night club!

Was a packed house! Had a blast and too many hilarious moments to list!



SUNDAY:

Started off with a lovely service and communion at the Christ Church Cathedral downtown.



Such a pretty interior. We are to be wed here in a year!

Exhausted after a two hour paddleboard sesh. But happy!

Perfect day at the beach.

Our tired but happy feet. Right before our 5 mile trek home.

I was so sad to have to leave such a pretty city and a loving man but I'm ready to finish this program and get on with my life!

I have a decently hectic week ahead of me: First day of work at the hospital tomorrow, working at CIGNA on Wednesday, clinical orientations on Thursday and Friday. Hospital work on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday! Whew!

I'm going to savor tonight and tomorrow morning for sure!

1 comment: