Sunday, July 17, 2011

HALLELUJAH THERE IS A GOD!

So my wedding diet so far has been an epic, mindblowing fail.

But I'm not ready to give up just yet....

And today I found a glimmer of hope.....


Apparently there is a RICE DIET.

At first, my Asian little eyes got as big as saucers. I was like "HAIL YEAYUH, BITCHEZZ. DAS WHAT I'M TALKIN' 'BOUT."

But then I thought: Umm. Hello? What does this diet entail since all I do eat rice errday anyways and my ass has been expanding exponentially. I've pretty much been on a dadgummed rice diet for the past 25 years.

To those who clicked on the link above, it's complete crap. It doesn't tell you anything about the diet; it just pressures you into making an appointment -- in DURHAM, North Carolina.

Yeah, no thanks.

But after some google searches, I found an example of what the rice diet would consist of. Check it out.

Phase 1 -- one week
1 day: Basic Rice Diet (800 calories and 50 mg sodium)
2 starches and 2 fruits at breakfast, lunch, and dinner
6 days: Lacto Vegetarian Rice Diet (1,000 calories a day and 300 mg sodium)
 Breakfast: 1 starch, 1 fruit, 1 nonfat dairy
 Lunch and dinner: 3 starches, 3 vegetables, 1 fruit 

Phase 2 -- one week
1 day: Basic Rice Diet
5 days:  Lacto Vegetarian Rice Diet
1 day: Vegetarian Plus Rice Diet (1,200 calories per day and 500 mg sodium)
  Breakfast: 2 starches, 1 fruit
  Lunch: 3 starches, 3 vegetables, 1 fruit
  Dinner: 3 starches, 3 protein (or 2 dairy), 3 vegetables, 1 fruit

Phase 3 -- Maintenance. Same as phase 2, adding about 200 more calories per week, until you stop losing weight.
1 day:  Basic Rice Diet
4 days:  Lacto Vegetarian Rice Diet
2 days: Vegetarian Plus Rice Diet

**The authors of The Rice Diet Solution note the diet is too low in calcium and vitamin D and suggest a once-daily multivitamin.


In short, you're pretty much maintaining a less than 1,200 calorie diet/day type of thing. Ouch.

But I'm thinking about trying week 1. A diet on starches, fruits, and vegetables? I could totally do. Might as well. Gots nothing to lose but pounddddss.

Updates to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment