Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Frustrated!

So okay.

It's July 26th, 2011 approximately seven months after Brian proposed to me in Central Park and we are still venue-less. Why? Whyyyyy???


Because I am CURSED. CURSED with this innate dream of having a grandiose fairytale wedding full of unicorns and dancing elves and skipping fairies. I want the glitz. The glam. The whole shebang. And I can't have it.

Ugh.

I don't want to be entirely negative. Brian and I have seen many lovely places and a few are still in the cards but I can't help but feel like I still haven't found the one. I know, I know. All I seem to do on here is bitch and moan about finding the damn ONE. The dress, the venue, the flowers, the hair. At least I found the man.

It's gotten to the point where I probably don't even know what I'm looking for anymore. A view? A patio? Outdoor? Indoor? Clean bathrooms? I really don't know. I'm just hoping to walk into a place and just feel a stirring within my soul that accumulates into an orgasmic sensation that screams "THIS IS IT! THANK THE LORD ALMIGHTY, THIS IS THE ONE! BOOK IT! BOOK IT, YA DUM BISH BEFORE YOU BEGIN TO SECOND GUESS YOURSELF AGAIN AND PUT YOURSELF THROUGH ANOTHER ROUND OF TORTURE!"

I guess I'm starting to lose hope in this city. I still have a couple more venues to scope out here in Vancouver before I decide to turn to Victoria and other neighboring islands but honestly, HONESTLY, what I'm really ready to do is a book a cheapie place in Hawaii and call it a day. Small, intimate 50 people wedding on the beach with leis and coconut cocktails for everyone. Sounds perfect right about now.

But I'm not going to give up just yet. I want to check out the Orpheum Theatre downtown, a place called the W2 Storyeum, and then the Vancouver Art Gallery. Maybe there's still some magic in this city waiting to be revealed.

Anyways, I'm back to the drawing board and I'm hoping that I can get this place booked within the next few weeks. Keep your fingers crossed peeps.

Or else the venue will end up being someplace horrendous like the Cracker Barrel in Elkton, Maryland. EEK!!

2 comments:

  1. Hawaii is pretty sweet, jus' sayin ;p

    Also, there are tonnes of awesome places in Victoria - which, when you think about it, makes a lot of sense for a lot of reasons too. I will help you scout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Heather! It's good to know you got my back on Hawaii! :P

    ReplyDelete