Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Ze Bridal Shower!

So last Saturday was the day of my bridal shower and it was so touching to see how much time and effort my gal pals put into making the day special for me.

We held the event at my church to save on costs and the ladies did a wonderful job of decorating everything to my taste. And the food. was. phenom.

I'm not a big shower expert (I've only gone to one or two) and I didn't know what to expect. That's actually an understatement. For example, I showed up to my gf Jennie's bridal shower last year in CLUBWEAR and BRIGHTASS OBNOXIOUS MAKEUP. I really thought it was like... a daytime version of a bachelorette party. But no. So just imagine my surprise (along with everyone else's) when I walked into a room full of middle aged women and Jennie's mother. Awk.Wurrrd. And of course I just HADDD to be wearing my electric blue bra hanging out of my shirt. No lie. I looked like an Asian Ke$ha. A gei$ha?

Anyways, so I didn't show up to my shower too over the top and it was nice to see all the friendly faces that showered me with love and TONS of GIFTS!!!

Observe for thyselves!

Fa-hooood. Catered by Potstickers. YURM.

Lena's infamous cupcakes. She's uh. mayzing.

Strawberry cupcakes up close and personal. Can you believe she made the petals???

Greeting everyone upon my arrival!

Opening gifts! Hello spa certificate!

Body Whip Cream. Obviously I gotta try this....

"Hmmm.... tastes like melted Barbies."

The cute little favors!
I could tell that my bridesmaids put a lot of planning into this day, especially when they began playing a projection video and lo and behold, Brian popped up on the big screen! They had recorded him answering questions over Skype! Anyways, I'm proud to say I got 99% of the questions correct! Go me! We played some other games such as "How well do you know the Bride" which consisted of my guests trying to answer questions about me correctly. My favorite portion of the day was when everyone submitted their most memorable moment with me and I had to guess who said what. It was definitely a hilarious walk down memory lane! We all laughed so much!

Anyways Saturday was a jam packed day. The bridal shower ended around 7 or so and I had to bolt it for Grace's birthday dinner at 7:45pm. After dinner, I slammed down a shot of 5 hour energy and danced the night away with some of my favorite girls 'til 1 am.

In short, it was a fabuloussss day with some super fabuloussss people! Couldn't have asked for any better! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment