Thursday, April 19, 2012

LENA KANG IS THE BEST THING TO HAVE EVER HAPPENED TO ME

So last night, a small group of my friends went out to Sushi Sumo for the last time before Brent and I shipped out to our respective foreign countries. Dinner goes well, I had just ordered dessert (Mochi balls... yummmm), when Lena comes to sit down at my end of the table.

She says, "Do you want me to propose to you?"

"Umm. What?"

"Do you want me to propose to you?"

"Depends on what you're proposing."

Then she proceeds to whip out THIS:


No words.

Seriously, I was speechless for about 5 seconds because I couldn't believe the blingblastic thing in front of me. Lena had made my wedding bouquet!!! Out of vintage brooches that she shopped for individually! I couldn't believe it! She had apparently started buying brooches last year at various marketplaces and the bouquet took over 100 hours of actual labor to assemble. I know. RIDONKULOUS. I was seriously at a loss for words not only because of how gorgeous the thing was but also because I was just so touched and overwhelmed at how much effort and work Lena put into making this bouquet for me. Over 100 hours of labor? That's a lot of love. 


Now if I could only convince her to bake my wedding cake...... :)

One happy bride-to-be!

MOVE OVER MARTHA STEWART. LENA KANG IS GONNA GIVE YOU A RUN FOR YOUR MONAYYY!

No comments:

Post a Comment