Monday, May 16, 2011

Where to begin....

Hello Blogging World.

As you may have guessed from my lack of posts, I am in prime-time finals week. The next 7 days will require sitters to be on standby while I am on suicide watch.

There are 3 things that are going to get me through this week:
1. Brian is coming to perform much needed neck and shoulder massages on Friday.
2. I've come way too freakin' far to give up now.
3. I will be basking in divine glorious Bermudian sunlight in 8 days.

Yes, we are going to Bermuda!!! :D

A small part of me (I'm talking like 0.0001%) is apprehensive about our trip to Bermuda because from what I've been reading online, the prices are ri. Diculous. Of course, I hadn't done my research prior to booking our flights because I had just ignorantly assumed that it's an island near the Caribbean, there's no way that it's gonna be any more expensive than the Bahamas (Blame my America-is-the-center-of-the-world based education). Incorrecto. On so many levels. For those who share my boat, Bermuda is NOT in the Caribbean. Secondly, Bermuda is not an autonomous country. It is governed by none other than THE motherland, the U.K. Yes, the country that just threw a wedding that is estimated to have cost at least 60 million dollars. So I don't fancy that there will be any good deals on fish and chips on the island. But the ever so resourceful and well-connected future-sister-in-law has contacted her friend Kristin who lives on the island, to give us the good, the bad, the ugly so hopefully we won't come back completely penniless or in debt.

In short, I'm super stoked to get my beach on!!!!! :)

We had a little trouble finding a place to stay (Tip: Do not book your plane ticket until you have booked a place to stay). Our little vacation getaway planning was a bit delayed. We had originally planned a roadtrip up to Ontario but Brian insisted on a beach requirement. By the time we booked our flights, all the ideal vacation rentals in Bermuda were pretty much reserved. Brian had originally booked us for the Fairmont Southampton but I really really could not handle what Brian was going to end up paying for it. I mean, anyone who knows me knows I love me some serious luxury but the pricetag on this one was just too much. ANYTHING would have been better. So we did a bit of compromising and settled on the Coco Reef Hotel in Paget Parish. It was located right where the best beaches on the island were and only a 10 minute bus ride into Hamilton and all we were sacrificing was our initial staunch opposition to the god-awful floral prints that will be vomited all over our beddings. And couches. And lampshades..... So anyways, I'm looking forward to getting my pale ass out there and rediscovering what life is really about and remind myself why I'm putting myself through this god-awful torturous program in the first place....
Ah-woooooooooo-sah. Seven more days. I can do this! :)

WEDDING PLANNING UPDATES:

Yesterday Brian visited The Loden's Halo Penthouse and he is 90% sure that this. Is. The. One (See for yourselves here). I'm pretty excited for this one, I can't lie. It seems to fit the bill: Holds 100 people for a loungey, laidback, cocktail style reception; there's an outdoor terrace with a spectacular view; the location is central; the penthouse is on the 18th floor and dancing and music are allowed (These were impossible for us to find anywhere else!!); and the price is totally doable! Brian says that there are still plenty of spots open for next year so we still have time to make our decision and if I like it in July when I'm out there, we'll finally book our wedding venue!!!

Time to hit the books again. I promise that in seven more days, my posts will be more regular, focused, and less bitching about school. Scout's honor. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment