Monday, May 30, 2011

GLORIOUS NOTHINGNESS!


It is 8 am on Memorial Day and while there are slews of BBQs being planned and lit all across the country I am basking in pure utter laziness.

And man, does it feel GOOOODDDD.



Me. All day.

I'm not going to lie, I have planned a tentative late lunch today with some girlfriends but a sista gots ta eat at some point. :)

So update on life, wedding planning, etc.

Number one: The "rapture" has passed without event. Either that or I missed the fast train to Heavenland. But I'm placing my bets on the former. So the likelihood that the world will actually end on October 21st, 2011 is like zilch. In other words, stop quitting your jobs, put your kids back in school, and get a refund on all those billboards. C'mon people. Get it together.

Number two: The yoncie and I spent the last few days in Bermuda and it was nothing short of amazing. The beaches had some unreal waters  (It was like electric blue glass!) and we toured the historic St. George's and got our culture on. The islands were beautiful, the people were friendly, we made some great new friends (Thanks again Kristin and Kurt!) and ate some delicioso meals. Perfect perfect perfect!


Elbow Beach

Hello sun.

Noodles and curry in Hamilton.

Getting stocked at St. George's.

Horseshoe waters.

Horseshoe beach!

Swizzle hour with Kristin and Kurt. :)
So the trip was lovely and sadly the lover had to leave me yesterday after an intense night of partying with friends 'til four. freakin. AM. And seeing my parents at church the morning after. Slightly unpleasant if you were the one with the hangover (And it wasn't me).

Number three: Wedding plans. Brian has thrown a few wrenches into our plans by wanting to consider having an east coast wedding instead of a west coast one. He's slowly becoming aware of how many friends I have out here and I think he wants to make the wedding more available to them which is really thoughtful of him. However, I personally would rather stick to the original plan since we've gotten this far (Plus I think Vancouver is beautiful!) but I remain open-minded on the idea and will be looking for any venues out here that catch my eye. In west coast news, Brian has a venue viewing scheduled at the Terminal City Club this Saturday and I'm looking forward to hearing about what he thinks about the place.

I'm starting to get a bit nervous even though I know we have plenty of time left to plan. I wish our venue would book itself already so I can move on to planning more important things. Like my dress. :)

I have no doubt that we'll eventually find the perfect place for our venue and in any case, I already have a Plan B in the bag. Check out Fort Morgan Cay.



Yes that's right, 29-acre private island off of Honduras is what I'm talking about! And it's only $2,900 a night! Three-night destination wedding for 50 closest friends? Sounds pretty darn good right about now...

3 comments:

  1. OMG that island is awesome. I need to get to the tropics ASAP - I am so jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness I LOVE the Terminal City Club. Very classy and gorgeous views and central location! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete