Monday, January 31, 2011

Wedding Expo!

Brian is the best fiancé ever.

I've mentioned the idea of attending a wedding expo of some sort and he predictably replied by asking me why I would want to do such a thing as they were just massive conventions of nagging salespeople who are trying to pressure you into buying normally un-sellable things such as papier-mâché tartan napkin ring holders (eek).

However, after a brief discussion about how I thought it would expose us to ideas and themes and give us some guidance on what we wanted our own wedding to be like (along with some puppy dog faces.... and yes, perhaps a few threats), my lovely life partner surprised me by emailing me confirmation of tickets to Vancouver's Wedding and Honeymoon Show! It's to be held at the Vancouver Convention Centre on March 27th (conveniently on the day after my arrival) and I gift you readers with their cheesy promo video:



After watching this video, I may have been inclined to agree with Brian. I mean the video was trying way too hard to paint a picture of fun. C'mon. Random show attendees shaking their asses? Weird. Lame. But who knows. Maybe Brian and I will be busting a few moves of our own -- outta there. Will keep you posted on the outcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment