Sunday, January 30, 2011

The Dream Dress

The best part about wedding planning? Picking a dress!
As the intro, I'd like to first take a moment and pay tribute to the classics:

The ever so lovely Princess Di.



Jackie Kennedy's stylish gown.

Grace Kelly's unforgetable dress.
And of course, we must not forget...
Katie Price. Congrats on winning the worst wedding get up in history.
Okay so I know that Brian has previously mentioned that I have "outrageous" taste. I can't help that I'm like a raccoon and am drawn to bright and shiny things. I have no defense for the vomiting of sparkles and sequins you may be exposed to in this post. Prepare thyselves.

But before I razzle-dazzle you with my repertoire of dream dresses, I do want to mention my current dilemma: At first I was sure that I wanted the poofiest and biggest dress in the America. I mean, how often in your life time can you really wear a ball gown? However, during my research, I found so many beautiful and modern wedding dresses that were equally as glamourous. So classic ball gown? Or modern chic?

Without further ado, the Dream Collection:


Pnina Tornai. Bejweled corset ball gown.
Eve of Milady: For the royalty in me.
Pnina Tornai: For my shameful adoration of tulle.

Now for the more modern picks:

Reem Acra. Simple and elegant.
Sarah Seven: Chic and soft.
Sarah Seven: Angelic and ethereal.
And no wedding dress repertoire would be complete without a Vera Wang.
Vera Wang's Diana Dress
Thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. You kind of have to try on every style before you pick! Just have your budget and then tell them to bring you everything in that price range. Then you'll get an idea for what you like and what suits your body the best.
    Trying on wedding dresses is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I can't wait to start trying on dresses! I told myself that I wouldn't try on wedding dresses until I lost 10 pounds so hopefully it'll get me motivated.... But that's a blog for another day! :)

    ReplyDelete