Saturday, January 29, 2011

The Deets Thus Far

Save the... month?

So the official "date" of the wedding hasn't been set yet. We have set a tentative date for the month of August 2012, hopefully around the first or second weekend. Brian and I came to this conclusion because I am still finishing up my Nursting degree here in Delaware and won't graduate until February 2012. That would give me 6 months of pure wedding planning bliss. Or insane craziness. Whichever. Brian and I are aiming to set a solid date by this summer at the absolute latest and we will update accordingly. :)


Location, location, location.

This one's a toughie. We've considered everything from a destination wedding at the halfway point between Vancouver and Delaware to eloping in Las Vegas. But I think we've reached a decision. We're 90% sure that the wedding and reception will be held in Vancouver. Listed below (for your easy viewing pleasure) are our reasons why:

1) It is the place where Brian and I plan to live together after our wedding so both of us have a solid tie to the city.

2) Although there are many cities worth seeing, Vancouver is stunningly beautiful and is definitely unique in its layout, structure, and underlying culture. Being from the east coast, I know that my friends and family would appreciate seeing something more modern and clean in design. I want my traveling guests to enjoy the city as an added bonus to the wedding and I think Vancouver has so much to offer. Without a doubt, I know that I personally have fallen in love with this city and hope that after their visit, my guests will come to better understand why I'm willing to move so far away.

3) Vancouver offers a variety of activities and sights to see for the wedding guests including kayaking, hiking, enjoying the local beaches, picnics in Stanley Park, going to see a hockey game, boutique shopping (Vancouver is known for its number of small/local businesses and I've found plenty of gems during my visits there! For example, the dessert cafe called "Sweet Revenge" is a MUST!), and most importantly, enjoying the availability of the diversity of FOOD! Vancouver has every type of cuisine under this earth!

Anyways, before I get carried away by the thoughts of Korean food, let's get back to the list:

4) It's beautiful.

5) Did I mention it's beautiful?

Wow. The city of Vancouver seriously needs to consider hiring me onto their marketing/advertising department. I sound like a total travel agent.

Now I don't want to imply that no other city in the world can offer these details, I just honestly want to expose our loved ones (especially from the east coast) to our new home. Perhaps this will encourage more friends and family to come visit? *Fingers crossed*




No comments:

Post a Comment