Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Back to square one. :(

So..... The Chairman's Suite at the Pacific Rim isn't working out so well.

We thought that there would be some flexibility in the numbers (The max cap is 100; seated cap is 60) but it seems as if the event coordinator is standing by her limit of 60 people for a wedding reception and that is just not going to fly.

So on to the next one.

I looked into renting some penthouses since renting them for the whole month was a better deal than renting them for a day.

Example:

The Keefer Penthouse Suite


Freakin' badass.
Which is surprisingly affordable. But I talked to the realtor and apparently the suite is now up for sale so they don't rent out past two months in advance. Boo.

 There were other beautiful penthouses that caught my fancy but all of them require a minimum 2 month stay. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

I was feeling a bit pessimistic and bitter about my luck since I felt that I had pretty much seen the best that the city offered so I figured that everything else was going to seem shabby and drab in comparison. BUT. All is not lost. I came across some viable options after a few hours of searching and calling. I present to you our new list of venues for consideration:


1. The Loden Hotel's Halo Penthouse Suite





2. Pan Pacific Hotel Rooftop





3. Vancouver Art Gallery Rooftop Pavillion



4. Shangri-la Hotel: Conway Room and Terrace
5. Vancouver Rowing Club
6. Terminal City Club


There's others as well but these are our current ones of interest. Feel free to throw in other suggestions!

No comments:

Post a Comment